Photos below…but firstly some thoughts on the Philippines:
* White foreigners are called ‘Joe’. We were constantly hearing cries of ‘hey Joe’!
* Colourful Jeepneys and motorbike taxis.
* Poor food. Jollibee was the favourite of the awful fast food joints.
* Poor people. There is a lot of poverty and many people living rough in the cities.
* Colourful – everything seems to be brightly coloured.
* Boats – many boats…required in a country of over 7000 islands.
* People are small and seem to be getting ever fatter. Not surprising with the awful diet.
* Large spread of mobile phones which are heavily used for Facebook and YouTube. Also texting.
* Inefficiency – There are always so many people doing pointless jobs. It took me one time nearly 15 minutes and 6 signatures to change 50 Euro!
* Loud – cars, people, music…..
* 1CHF = 46.8 PHP
[ngg src=”galleries” ids=”922″ display=”basic_imagebrowser”]