I put this page together to answer the most common questions I am asked and to explain a little more about me….
I grew up in Preston and then spent 5 years studying Management at Nottingham University and a year in Göttingen. After completing my degree, I did a 12-month stint of travelling partly by public transport and partly by bicycle. In this time, I travelled through Russia, Mongolia, South and Southeast Asia, Australia, NZ, and then cycled up a lot of Africa from Johannesburg. During the summer I worked as a rep for a company running cycling and walking holidays in the Alps.
Serious work started at Accenture where over a period of 5 years I lived in Surrey, London, and Leeds. In 2005, at the age of 30, I decided that I wanted to leave the UK and move to the mountains. Hence since then I have lived in Switzerland on the edge of the Alps, an almost perfect playground for various outdoor activities. As well as running my property business, I also work as a mountain bike guide and a project manager.
I enjoy adventure travel and almost every year for the last decade have done a mountain bike transalp, some kind of foreign cycle tour and at least a week of motorbiking. In the summer I am often away in my campervan, but also enjoy being at home, reading, watching something on YouTube or just being by the beautiful lake in Zug. In the winter I love fondue and xc skiing 🙂
From my travels and time spent living abroad, I have learnt German, French, Spanish and Chinese as well as the odd word in several other languages.
I now live in Zug, have dual UK / CH nationality and even speak some Schwiizerdütsch after a few drinks!
Future Travel Plans:
- Motorbiking in Peru / Bolivia and Patagonia
- Cycle touring in Apulia/Basilicata, Cuba (again), S.Korea and Japan (again)
- Hiking Via Alta della Verzasca
- Campervan trip to Canada
- Mountain bike stage race in Portugal
- Chilling in the Maldives (as it is so damn beautiful)
- A yoga / ashram trip to India
So what is your story?
Here are some bullet points that for me are important in a partner….
- Kind and good hearted person
- University education
- Healthy lifestyle
- Enjoy the outdoors and ideally cycling or mountain biking
- Enjoy adventure travel and discovering new places
- Have a well rounded mix of interests – culture, music, books etc
- Ideally financially independent or have a time and location flexible work model