Mobile: +41 (0)7741…..
Email: iainmat1(at) yahoo.co.uk
Date of Birth: ../12/1975
Marital Status: Single
A Senior Management Consultant with a broad skill set from working with several large blue chip clients. Wide ranging experience on some of the worlds largest IT projects throughout all phases of the project lifecycle. I have proven leadership skills in managing, developing and motivating teams to achieve their objectives under challenging and changing circumstances. In all areas of my work, I have shown first-class analytical, design and problem solving skills. Enthusiastic, determined and dynamic, with the ability to succeed under pressure whilst maintaining a strong client focus.
10/2005 – 12/2007 SwissLife
Project Manager – Test Automation for System Test and Integration Test
As part of the Amarta programme for Swiss Life, I lead a team of 7 people in designing and building a tool for test automation. During this time I gained significant functional knowledge of the insurance business and in particular of collective insurance and investment. The tool is built using a combination of WinRunner and MS Access. I also contributed to the test strategy documentation and helped to plan the system test phase.
08/2000 – 10/2005 Accenture (Consulting)
01/2004 – 10/2005: NHS National Programme for IT – Application Functional Designer
A Government initiated programme to deliver a national care record service (NCRS) across the UK. Accenture was selected for the North East and East clusters of England to provide clinicians across all care settings with an integrated toolset that enables the support of NCRS. This is one of the largest and most complex global IT projects running today.
09/2004 – 10/2005 – NHS National Programme R1b – Regression Test Lead
01/2004 – 09/2004 – NHS National Programme R1a – Functional Design Lead
· Involvement in the design, build and test of the Primary Care solution using iSoft / Torex software
· Successfully led the Primary Care design workshops with clinicians and vendors to create the R1 solution
· Creation of test approach and functional consultant to the test teams
· Configuring and debugging of messages in the BizTalk integration software during testing of the Torex Synergy software
· Analysis and modeling of processes to improve efficiency and integrate with the national systems.
09/2001 – 09/2003 – Centrica Jupiter Transformation Programme
Centrica is one of the UK’s largest Utilities providers. The Jupiter Programme is comprised of 5 releases. Release 1 develops a single view of the customer using Siebel software, whilst Release 2 builds on this to provide the integration and development of the sales and marketing capability for Centrica. My involvement with Release 2 was around the integration with British Gas Communications and the house.co.uk website.
04/2003 – 09/2003 – Centrica Jupiter Release 2 – Test Execution Manager
· Manage all functional testing from System Test to Business Capability Release Testing and UAT
· Extensive work with Mercury test tools
· Plan team budget through all phases of testing, from writing the model to execution
· Responsible for quality assurance.
10/2002 – 03/2003 – Centrica Jupiter Release 1 – Integration Test Execution Lead
· Extensive client contact to understand the current methodology and map this to Siebel
· Go – live and post go live support
· Training and knowledge transfer to the application support team.
01/2002 – 09/2002 – Centrica Jupiter Release 1 – Product Test Team Lead
· Managed an Accenture and client team to deliver the test model and prepare and execute scripts under tight timescales and to constantly shifting requirements
· Creation of test plan and approach documents
· Reporting to senior management on progress
· Liaison with fix team, environments team and migration team
· Work with Mercury Interactive test tools
· Analysis and debugging of Siebel and SeeBeyond software.
09/2001 – 01/2002 – Centrica Jupiter Cross Release – Developer
· Design of the performance monitoring solution for R1.1 using software from Candle and BMC
· Configuration, documentation and testing of the solution
· Client contact to fit the solution with the existing business
08/2000 – 09/2001 – Accenture Resources eCommerce Solution Centre – Application Developer
The resources solution centre consists of a number of small project based teams creating innovative e-commerce solutions for a variety of clients. I have experience here in the following 2 areas:
· Work with BP to create a knowledge management portal based on the Plumtree software engine, allowing global collaboration and knowledge sharing. The tool developed a document sharing and searching capability, as well as simple online databases for tracking more structured data.
· Ownership of individual functional areas across all phases of the project lifecycle – design, build, test, implementation and post go-live support
· Work on the development of an Accenture eLearning tool to sell to clients
· Responsibility for leading a small team to budget the work
· Development using SQL.
SQS Certified Software Tester SQS 06/06
Introduction to BVG SwissLife 11/05
Core Consultant Accenture 11/03
ABAP Basics SAP 01/02
Configuration Management CM Synergy 10/01
Java for web applications Learning Tree 09/01
Introduction to business Finance MDA/Accenture 02/01
How businesses are managed MDA/Accenture 12/00
Plumtree Developers Plumtree 09/00
Commerce One Commerce One 09/00
1994 – 1999 Nottingham University: BA 2:1 in Management Studies with GermanCourses Including: Computers in business, marketing strategy, human resource management, strategic management.
1998 – Göttingen University (Germany) Courses including: marketing and international trade.
1994 – A-Levels: Maths[A], German[A], French[B], General Studies[B]. Queen Elizabeth’s Grammar School, Blackburn.
1992 – GCSE: 10 Grade A.
· Member of the British mountain bike squad for 2 years, riding for Great Britain in several international events.
· Organiser of national university cycling event.
IT Skills: Extensive experience of Microsoft Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and Project.
IT Software: Extensive experience with Mercury testing toolset (Test Director, QTP, WinRunner) and iSoft healthcare software. Basic knowledge of Seebeyond, BizTalk, Siebel and Plumtree.
Languages: German (fluent), French (fluent), Spanish and Italian (basic knowledge).
Driving Licence: Full clean motorbike and car licence.
Travel, Outdoors, Property Investment.